Gotshezy Tour 1 day
GOTSEZHY TOUR 1 DAY WIWA INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY
GOTSEZHY tour 1 day is a trekking to a refuge of the Wiwa indigenous community, located in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, adorned with the best preserved landscapes, where you will have the opportunity to explore rivers, if you wish, lose total connection with the outside world, To connect with nature. In addition, there will be activities with indigenous people, allowing us to better understand their worldview, beliefs, but above all the importance of ethnic and cultural diversity.
The indigenous refuge has an access that allows, only 15 minutes of walking, to discover the majestic natural pool of the Matuna waterfall, where you can take a refreshing swim, sunbathe and even observe some typical birds of the region.
For this tour we have daily departures with a minimum of 2 people.
¡Know Gotsezhy, the refuge of the Wiwa indigenous community!
Tour to the indigenous community GOTSEZHY 1 Day
In the Gotsezhy tour 1 day, the adventure begins around 7:00 – 7:30 am when we pick you up in Santa Marta in a 4 × 4 car, to start on our wonderful experience with a open road ride about 1 to 1 and a half hour passing through arena’s creek , creek of the devil, loma blanca, la lora Stone. So, then start to walk 20 minutes, crossing on the way to the indigenous refuge Gotsezhy.
After having a break to relax, the indigenous guide will take us to live a very close interaction with the indigenous community taking about 20 min, if there is the mamo we will receive a talk about the wonderful culture and worldview that surrounds them, we will even have the opportunity of ask some questions in a maloca.
Later, we will visit the Matuna waterfall, a unique natural pool, to get there we will take around 15-minute walk, to enjoy a delicious bath, and then return to the refuge to have a delicious lunch prepared by the women of the indigenous community.
Finally, we will take a short break, and then, we´re going to see the artistic activities, where we will learn how from the fique’s production process (cultivation, extraction, dyeing) they can weaving and spinning.
Once the activity is finished, we will begin the walk back to the point where the cars will be waiting for us to return to Santa Marta.
What does the one day tour include?
- Transport round trip. (Santa Marta – indigenous town).
- Lunch (typical Colombian food).
- Spanish-speaking certified guides from the region that provide the best experience, and indigenous guide that allows a closer interaction with the communities.
- Translators. Depending on availability, please request if required.
- Contribution to indigenous and rural communities.
- Medical assistance insurance.
- Luggage storage service in the office of Santa Marta.
- Activities of crafts and interaction with the mamo (maximum expression of wisdom in the indigenous community).
Respect for indigenous communities
The Gotsezhy refuge is owned by the Wiwa indigenous communities, so it is recommended to respect their beliefs, customs and privacy, in case of photographing them remember to ask the guide for permission, to confirm if it is possible.
Respect for the nature
- Deposit trash in the bins arranged in the camp.
- Take care and respect what you find. Do not damage or mark natural or cultural assets.
- The Gotsezhy Tour 2 Days is not recommended at all for women in pregnancy, people with heart respiratory or digestive diseases. If we are not previously informed by travelers with one of these conditions, Expotur will not be responsible in case of any incident.
- This is an adventure tour; it requires that you be fit and healthy, that you like to leave the comfort zone, bold enough to handle risky situations in the jungle.
Baggage and personal kit for the tour
- Carry plastic bags to separate wet clothes from dry clothes.
- Carry little weight, additional luggage can be stored in our office. Report valuables inside your luggage in order to avoid misunderstandings.
- Always be aware of your belongings. Expotur is not responsible for lost items.
We recommend to take a Colombian brand call Nopikex.
Phone signal and WiFi
- Let your family and friends know that you can only contact them once you return to Santa Marta.
- There is no mobile phone signal in the shelter; however, there is Wi-Fi service, which you can access by paying for that additional service.
Medical insurance is included for any illness or accident contracted during the hike, this includes transport to the clinic, medical attention and non-high cost medicines. If some of these incidents happen to you, it has to be reported to guides and staff at the office (both) before the trip ends otherwise the assistance won´t be covered by the insurance company and Expotur. It is recommended you travel with a trustworthy insurance policy from your country.
Store luggage at the Expotur office in Santa Marta
When storing luggage in our office you must report to the advisor if you will pick it up at the office or if you need your luggage to be sent the last day to the starting point by our vehicles (in cases where travelers need to be left in some point of the way back).
If you change your decision during the tour about picking up your suitcase, we cannot assure you of sending your suitcase due to difficulties with communication, although the guide sends a message, it does not mean 100% that we have received, if this happens, we recommend returning to the office or assuming shipping costs.