Cabo de la Vela Tour 2 days
The most beautiful place to delight the bond between the desert and the sea, Cabo de la Vela Tour 2 days gives you the opportunity to live a great experience with the indigenous Wayuu and the wonderful landscapes. In Cabo de la Vela Tour you will watch the majestic sunset at the lighthouse of Cabo de la Vela and get the best view.
We depart from from Riohachaat 8:30 a.m., we head north to Cabo de la Vela. On the way we will pass by Uribia (The Indigenous capital of Colombia) and then we will visit Manaure (the largest salt complex in Colombia) where we´ll see the salt extraction process, learning more about this important activity for the region. Later we go towards the majestic Cabo de la Vela arriving early in the afternoon for lunch and having our first interaction with the desert and the sea. We will visit the spectacular Playa Dorada (Golden Beach) and walk towards the lighthouse to watch the sunset. Later we get to a typical hotel where we will have dinner, and spend the night in hammocks.
Early in the morning we have a delicious breakfast and then we will visit ‘Pilón de Azúcar’ beach, we also go up a small mountain for a beautiful view across the desert and the sea of Cabo de la Vela, and later we will go back to the lodge for having lunch and finally return to Riohacha.
The responsibilities of the participants to the tour include: the selection of a tour that correspond to their interests and skills, the passenger must determine the destinations and the activities that are appropriate for them; they must determine that they are in optimal health and physical conditions required for the trip they want to take. The participants are responsible for their personal belongings they take to the trip.
It is strictly prohibited to engage in behaviors that interfere with the safety and comfort of all other participants, consumption of hallucinogenic drugs or alcohol in excess is forbidden. The use of male or female escort (prostitution) is not acceptable in an EXPOTUR trip, the use of minors for this type of service is penalized by the law authorities in Colombia and it is enough reason to expulse the participant from the trip.
Keep in mind that you will visit a desert region where the temperature is considerably high throughout the day, therefore, wear comfortable clothing and proper gear to protect you from the sun.
• Use sunscreen and a hat or cap and take with you a bottle of water.
• Wear comfortable clothes, sports shoes and flip flops, swimwear and beachwear.
• Use mosquito repellent.
It is not absolutely needed to take passports for this tour. A photocopy of your passport will be enough during the tour. Your identification document (photocopy) can be required by the authorities on the way.
It is not necessary to have any particular shoot for this tour. As in any tropical country, we recommend to have the yellow fever vaccination as a prevention since there is no risk of yellow fever in the area.
$230.000 COP/P in hammocks (chinchorro), $250.000 COP/P in beds (subject to availability). Departing from the city of Riohacha.
Prices in Colombian Peso (COP). Minimum four (4) passengers on tour. Valid until 12/31/2017.
• Roundtrip ground transportation in comfortable 4WD vehicles with air conditioning during the entire tour.
• Will pick you up from your accommodation place on the date of departure and will leave you in the same place when come back.
• Typical meals prepared by locals cooks.
• One (1) breakfast, two (2) lunches, one (1) dinner if departs from Riohacha.
• Accommodation in “chinchorros” (hammocks) in the “Rancherias” (small villages, builded by the wayuu).
• You will be accompanied by a professional guide/host during the entire tour.
• Experienced drivers.
During the tour you will have a medical assistance insurance that cover accidents and illness occurred during the tour. It covers transportation from the place of the event to the medical center, medical assistance, hospitalization and surgeries when it is necessary.
Contribution to communities
All our tours include local people as service providers in the area to support the communities through tourism activities. A part of what you pay for the tour, goes to support the local economy for the improvement of the quality of life of the locals.
• National or International flights and taxes.
• Personal articles.
• Laundry service.
• Room service.
• Tips and gratuities.
• Medical expenses not covered by the insurance policy.
• Extra meals or expensive dishes as lobster.
• Breakfast of the first day if depart from Riohacha.
• Beer and alcoholic drinks.
• Local, national, or International calls.
• Activities not included in the itinerary.
• There are not substitutions of days or services due to situations of force majeure, by chance or actions of third parties.
• Deposits via PayPal or PayU through the active payment modules linked in our official web-sites.
• In cash exclusively in our offices in Santa Marta or Rioh with our authorized staff.
• In all our offices, we accept paychaaments with credit cards as Visa or MasterCard.
• A 15% deposit of the total of the package is required prior to confirmation of all bookings.
• The remaining balance must be paid at least in the same date of departure, before leaving.
Cancellation policies – Right to retrace
Confirmed bookings will have a cancellation policy in the following terms:
• Cancellations or changes will have a 20% penalty of the total of the package.
• Once the trip has started, the services included in the package that the passenger does not take will not be reimbursed.